Required Materials: You need to bring to class daily your textbook, calculator, notebook paper, three ring binder, high lighters, 3x 5 index cards, and pencils. Color pencils, protractor, compass, and graph paper are other needed materials for the class. Students will be instructed when to bring these materials to class prior to needing them.
Optional materials: Germ x, Kleenex, and paper towels are not required but are greatly appreciated.
Classroom Expectations: Our class time is limited! It is therefore expected that during class you will be attentive, maintain a positive attitude, put forth your best effort, and respect others.
Discipline Procedures: Should any student choose to break the classroom and/or school rules, Mrs. Lawrence Discipline Plan will be exercised, which includes after-school detention, parent contact, and ultimately, referrals to the administrator. Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated and will be dealt with in accordance with the Dothan City Schools Discipline Plan that includes a zero on the assignment or assessment in question. Academic dishonesty includes students who aid another student in cheating. It is not uncommon for success in a class to be affected by a lack of understanding as to what the teacher is expecting. The goal of this course syllabus is to explain clearly and completely all class policies and expectations.
- Please be in your seat and ready to learn when the bell rings.
- Come to class prepared – bring necessary materials to class such as book, notebook, homework, paper, pencil, etc.
- No put-downs. No talking when the teacher/peers are speaking. No talking when the teacher has instructed the class to be quiet.
- Stay in your seat unless you have permission to do otherwise.
- Raise your hand if you have any questions – all you have to do is ask!
CONSEQUENCES FOR FAILING TO ADHERE TO THESE GUIDELINES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Verbal/written warnings
- Parental contact
- Administrative contact/referral
- Consequences may not always occur in this order. Disturbances will result in appropriate consequences.