New Hire Information
Congratulations! We are excited that you will be joining Henry County Schools. As part of this process, please review the following items which require your attention.
An online application must be completed for all certified positions. Click here to access the ALSDE Teach in Alabama website to complete the application.
1. Background and Fingerprinting
- All new employees must successfully pass a background check. Click here for directions on how to complete the background check.
- All new employees must complete the New Hire Packet Forms (Certified Personnel Only: Send original transcripts to the Payroll Department).
- Work Verification(s) must be requested from previous employer(s) and submitted to the Payroll Department. Certified and Classified forms can be obtained from the Forms page of Human Resources and Payroll.
3. Return New Hire Docments
- New employees must schedule an appointment as soon as possible with the Payroll Department at 334-585-2206, extension 1228.
- New Employees are required to bring the following to the scheduled appointment: Social Security Card (must be original), Driver's License (must be current, valid, and not expired), Proof of background clearance through Gemalto Cogent Systems, I-9 Verification Documents, All HR New Hire Forms, Original Transcripts, Voided Check.
- The Payroll Department will provide login information to eligible employees for enrollment in PEEHIP after turning in New Hire Forms.
5. State Ethics Training
- All employees who earn $81,000 or more annually are required to complete the Statement of Economic Interest Form.
- Every full-time employee serving as a Supervisor must file a Statement of Economic Interest Form.
- Employees have 90 days to comply with this subsection.
- Training is provided through the Alabama Ethics Website.
- Upon completion of watching the 55 minute training video, you must print out the provided Certificate of Completion with your name and agency that is date and time stamped automatically.
- You are required to provide a copy of this certificate to the Department of Human Resources to be placed in your file for verification for the Alabama Department of Examiners of Public Accounts.
- The Ethics Commission will be notified electronically that the training has been completed.
For additional questions, contact:
the Payroll Department at 334-585-2206, ext 1228.
Henry County Board of Education
300 North Trawick Street
Abbeville, AL, 36310
Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm.